The main objective of a laboratory exhaust system is to remove hazardous or noxious fumes from a laboratory, dilute the fumes as much as possible, and expel them from the laboratory building so that the fumes do not contaminate the roof area nor are re-entrained into the building make-up air system.
Why use the Greenheck Vektor® Laboratory Exhaust System?
The Greenheck Vektor® high plume dilution blower is a self-contained laboratory exhaust system which offers the following:
- Significant dilution of laboratory exhaust, reducing levels of contaminant concentration
- Reliable belt or direct drive systems
- Efficient and quiet blower technology
- AMCA class C or B spark resistant construction
- Premium efficient variable frequency drive (VFD rated) motors available
- Application to constant or variable volume exhaust systems
- Efficient discharge nozzle designs
- LabCoat™, a two-part corrosion resistant baked polyester resin coating with zinc rich epoxy primer
- Safe and easy maintenance
- Flow applications from 270 - 140,000 cfm at up to 14 in. wg per fan
- Multiple fan assemblies on a factory provided common plenum
- Meets ANSI Z9.5, NFPA 45, UL 705, and ASHRAE Chapter 44 lab design guidelines.
- Keeping a low profile - compact Vektor rooftop units achieve significant plume rise without detracting from buildings' aesthetics
- Ensuring safety - high-velocity plume displaces the lab effluent high above the roof, reducing the possibility of contamination of the building's interior, exterior and surrounding neighborhood
- Systems are designated to be fast and easy to install.
- Maintenance is safe and easy because all critical access components are easily accessible without disassembling the entire system
- Single source responsibility - Greenheck is a single source for laboratory exhaust fan systems and laboratory exhaust energy recovery systems
- Validated performance - Vektor system designs undergo state-of-the-art computational fluid dynamics and performance analysis.