CAPS Engineering version 4.8 will be available Monday, January 30, after 7:00 pm Central Standard Time.
- If you are currently using CAPS 4.2, 4.4, 4.5, or 4.6, you will be prompted to update or it will automatically begin when you start CAPS after January 30th.
- If you are using CAPS version 3.10 or prior, you will need to register and download the complete CAPS 4.8 Engineering release. Click here to register.
- Default Drive Loss - All belt drive fan models now default to “Low” drive loss or 3% allows for proper motor sizing.
- Revit® Drawings - We have doubled the amount of dynamic Revit® Content since our last release. Most models will generate specific dynamic Revit drawings to match your product selection in CAPS. This is not a "generic" drawing but a true representation of the product and options you select for your specific application.
New Products and Options Highlights
- Vari-Green motor expansion, more models and more motor sizes
- New housed plenum array (pictured) for fan wall applications (HPA)
- Centrifugal blower, improved selection process, VFD over-speed capability
- Lab exhaust, expanded sound attenuation information
- New Damper Models
- True Class I leakage ceiling radiation smoke damper (CRD-501)
- Face and bypass dampers – vertical (FBV-43) and horizontal configurations (FBH-43, pictured)
- Tornado dampers for protection against instantaneous pressure changes (HTOD-330 and 331)
- Make-Up Air
- New packaged DX units with and without energy recovery for high percentage outdoor air applications
- 15-day quick build lead time on Make-Up Air units with packaged DX
- New building management systems (BMS) network interface options
- Dynamically generated specifications available for select make-up air models
- Kitchen Ventilation Systems
- Kitchen hoods, Type II (non-grease) – user interface redesigned for more intuitive flow
- New pollution control units – electrostatic precipitator or multi-stage mechanical filtration
- Welded construction now available on wind-driven rain (pictured) and sight proof models
- Florida Approved Louvers - improved speed and consistency
A complete list of changes can be found on the CAPS Live page under Resources, What's New in 4.8. You may also view a recorded training session on the CAPS Live page of versions 4.6 and 4.8 under the Links section.