eCAPS Frequently Asked Questions
What are the system requirements of eCAPS?
Internet Explorer 9 or higher
Mac OS X
Windows XP and up
Minimum supported screen or window width is 768 pixels
How are the fans sorted?
Greenheck wants to provide you the best fan for your needs. The fans are sorted by ranking. The ranking is Greenheck’s best estimate of customer value, based on price and performance.
Can I share an eCAPS job with other people?
Simply click the button on the equipment list. Type in the name and email address of the person you would like to send it to, and hit send.
How do I log into eCAPS?
eCAPS uses the same login as your MyGreenheck account. Simply type in your email and password and you will be able to log in. If you do not have an account click register and apply for an account.
Can I open an eCAPS job in CAPS?
- Open eCAPS and load your job.
- Click “Export to CAPS” (found on the bottom toolbar of the equipment list page).
- Save your file (by default it goes to your browser’s download folder).
- Open the job file by double-clicking it or by opening CAPS and selecting "Import eCAPS job..." from the File menu.
- The Mark import screen opens with all marks selected. Click "OK" to import them into CAPS.
- Now name your job, and your file import is complete.
How do I get Revit and CAD drawings?
Click on the model name and the Drawings tab will appear. Open Drawings tab, CAD and Revit drawings will be available.
How do I get an equipment schedule?
While in the equipment list click button. Turn equipment schedule on.
You will then have the option to use a default template or customize a one.
Your equipment schedule will be a CSV Excel document.
What is the symbol used for?
To assist the user the caution symbol will appear in four different use cases:
- The cfm of the fan is under the requested cfm.
- The cfm of the fan is over the requested cfm.
- The operating speed is within 5% of the fan’s maximum RPM.
- The operating curve is within 12% of the max system curve.
The user will still be able to select a fan with a caution symbol it is just a warning to the user.